Klevaklip Double Triple & Joist Connectors
AUSTRALIAN PATENT 2015203723
UNITED STATES PATENT 9637911
KlevaKlip Double Triple Connector fits 45 mm wide joists to most size bearers and the Klevaklip Joist Connector range comes in two sizes for 45 mm Joist to 70 mm and 90 mm wide bearers. The difference between them is the Double Triple Connector fits most size bearers and has two fixings to one side of the bearer and two fixings to the top of the bearer. The Joist Connector is fixed to both sides of the bearer and is size specific to either 70 mm or 90 mm wide bearers. Fixings to the joist is the same for both products.
The range of KlevaKlip Double Triple & Joist Connectors have revolutionised the way joists are attached to bearers. An absolute must for every handyman and quickly becoming the preferred fixing method of many builders and makes the set-out and fixing off of your substructure a breeze.
Klevaklip FREP Double Triple Joist Connector
FREP = Fibre Reinforced Engineering Polymer
Plastic?: No we like to refer to Klevaklip Joist Hangers as being made from “Fibre Reinforced Engineering Polymer (FREP)” – These polymers are used in engineering and automotive applications throughout the world due to their extreme strength and resilience under load. It is not your everyday plastic and will last the life of your deck.
- Will not rust in any harsh environment
- Keeps your joists dry and prevents moisture – initiated degradation of joists and bearers caused by skewed nailing
- Dramatically simplifies the set-out of your joist/bearer substructure allowing you to lay out joists standing in position and either fix with gun nail (easiest and quickest), manual nails or screws
- 4mm ventilation ribs in the Double Triple Connectors (DTC45) base keeps joist dry and free from rot
- No more split joists associated with inaccurate skew nailing
- Unlike triple grips, fixes and provides stability to both sides of the joists, plus easier to use and wont rust in any environment.
- Extremely strong connection – no longer is the joist/bearer interface the weakest connection in your deck
- Can be painted without problems of paint adherence
Q1. What fixings does Klevaklip approve to use with the Joist connector range?
Klevaklip approve the following fixings to be used with the Joist Connectors:
- 35mm x 3.15mm timber connector nails
- 32mm x 2.7mm Hot Dipped Galvanised coilnails or equivalent
- 35mm x 8g Galvanised stitching screws (Not suitable for C3 & C4)
Note: Stainless steel equivalents of the above should be used in high corrosion areas.
Q2. How many fixings do I require to install my Klevaklip Double Triple Connectors?
The Klevaklip Double Triple Connectors DTC45 require the following fasteners:
Fixings required to attach Double Triple Connector to Bearer:
- 2 Fixings on one side of bearer and 2 fixings on top of bearer
Fixings required to attach the Double Triple Connector to Joist:
- 2 Fixings on each side of joist
Q3. How many fixings do I require to install my Klevaklip Joist Connectors?
The Klevaklip Joist Connectors KC7045N and KC9045N require the following fasteners:
Fixings required to attach the Joist Connector to Bearer:
- 2 Fixings on each side of bearer
- Cyclone areas C1 & C2 – 3 Fixings on each side of bearer (Not suitable for areas C3 & C4)
Fixings required to attach the Joist Connector to Joist:
- Less than 1 metre off the ground – 1 Fixing on one each side of bearer
- Higher than 1 metre off the ground – 2 fixings each side of joist
- Cyclone areas C1 & C2 – 3 fixings each side of joist (Not suitable for areas C3 & C4)